Run with Recruiters
Restriction Exemption Program - Please Read before registering:
- Beginning September 20, 2021, All RWR sessions abide to the Restriction Exemption Program as outlined by City of Edmonton Facilities
- Attendees will be required to follow the program requirements including:
- Showing proof of vaccination records with a QR code (paper or digital) is the only valid Alberta-issued proof
- Documentation of a medical exemption or show proof of a negative test result (completed within 72 hours of attending)
- After October 25: proof of double vaccination is required
- Tests must be privately-paid COVID-19 PCR or rapid tests completed within 72 hours before accessing the program or facility
- Tests must not be from Alberta Health Services or Alberta Precision Laboratories
- To ensure access control measures are in place, some facility entrances may be closed and patrons will be directed accordingly
- Communication details on program updates and logistics will be sent individually to participants via email through the Online RWR Portal
During the initial stages of this program, participants should plan to arrive at facilities a little earlier than normal. We ask for patience as City employees review patrons’ individual vaccination status or recent negative test results and our Constables work to abide by the Restriction Exemption Program.
- View & register upcoming sessions here
- Once you have created your account, you can then register for an upcoming session
- Submitting Registration for a session does not guarantee your spot. Recruiters will send follow-up emails to participants who have been confirmed. Please only attend if you receive a confirmation email from our recruiters as we are limited to the number of participants
- If you have issues setting up your account or registering please email: JoinEPS@gmail.com
- Session space is limited, once the registration threshold is reached, the event is no longer available for registration
- Please do your best to attend your selected/confirmed session
- Spot swaps are not permitted at this time
- We do our best to ensure fair access; if your spot was not confirmed, please continue to register for weekly sessions and our recruiters will do their best to accommodate participants
- Thank-you for your understanding as we safely re launch the program!
Please Note: This is a modified format. Current protocols and necessary safety measures are provided to registrants via email through the Online RWR portal.
Possessing a high level of physical fitness is a very important aspect of a policing career. Being physically fit is not only a significant part of the application process, but also throughout Recruit Training and into your future policing career. Applicants should begin physical training, not only to prepare for the application process, but also for the future!
The Run with a Recruiter (RWR) Program was developed in the spring of 2012 to give applicants an opportunity to workout and also gain insight in what to expect, both in Recruit Training Class and in a career with the Edmonton Police Service. The RWR workouts may include cardio and strength conditioning. Workouts will range from a long run to a circuit style workout, or both and are held every Monday night and Thursday morning.
The RWR is an opportunity to workout alongside EPS members, ask questions, and meet other people who are also interested in a policing career. Feedback from recently hired applicants indicates that the RWR Program has been an extremely valuable part of preparing for Recruit Training Class. It also gives applicants a chance to gauge their physical readiness prior to applying. The Recruit Selection Unit strongly recommends that applicants attend the RWR Program prior to and during the application process.
In order to participate in RWR, you have to be 18 years of age or older.
Women's Run with Recruiters
Led by female members from RSU, these female-only workout sessions will include 45 minutes of fitness and feature special guests speakers representing various units and ranks from within the EPS.
- Scheduled to return mid-September! Updates will be posted here and through our social media channels
- View & Register for upcoming sessions through the Online RWR portal.
- Limited to 40 participants per session. First-come, first served
- Registration required to attend
- Registration confirmation will be emailed after submitting your registration form
- Spots are not guaranteed for all session dates to ensure fair access for all participants
- Please ensure you register for only the session(s) you plan on attending
- Location, dates and other details will be sent to participants through email
University of Alberta Students:
The RWR Program has returned for University of Alberta students. Please see details below:
- Mondays (ending Nov. 22, 2021). 6:30 - 7:30am
- Butterdome, concourse level (blue mat area)
- Register by email
MacEwan University Students:
The RWR Program is returning for University of MacEwan students scheduled for September. Check our Online RWR portal for upcoming dates.
- Commonwealth Community Recreation Centre - meet near the field house access doors
- William Griesbach Training Centre - meet in the lobby and ensure you:
- bring Government issued photo ID
- come dressed in your workout attire as you will no longer have access to change in the locker rooms
- doors will now open 20 minutes prior to the start time
- Edmonton Convention Centre - 2nd level at the bottom of the stairs (formerly called Shaw Conference Centre)
- Louise McKinney Park - under the glass roof
- U of A Butterdome - meet along the main concourse, underneath the stands, where there is blue floor