Run with Recruiters
We currently follow guidelines adhering to City of Edmonton Recreation facilities. While we adjust the program around changing requirements, please reference your confirmation email for your chosen session.
- View & register for upcoming sessions here
- Once you have created your account, you can then register for an upcoming session
- Recruiters will send follow-up emails to participants who have been confirmed
- If you have issues setting up your account or registering please email: JoinEPS@gmail.com
Please Note: Current protocols and necessary safety measures are provided to registrants via email through the Online RWR portal.
Possessing a high level of physical fitness is a very important aspect of a policing career. Being physically fit is not only a significant part of the application process, but also throughout Recruit Training and into your future policing career. Applicants should begin physical training, not only to prepare for the application process, but also for the future!
The Run with a Recruiter (RWR) Program was developed in the spring of 2012 to give applicants an opportunity to workout and also gain insight in what to expect, both in Recruit Training Class and in a career with the Edmonton Police Service. The RWR workouts may include cardio and strength conditioning. Workouts will range from a long run to a circuit style workout, or both and are held every Monday night and Thursday morning.
The RWR is an opportunity to workout alongside EPS members, ask questions, and meet other people who are also interested in a policing career. Feedback from recently hired applicants indicates that the RWR Program has been an extremely valuable part of preparing for Recruit Training Class. It also gives applicants a chance to gauge their physical readiness prior to applying. The Recruit Selection Unit strongly recommends that applicants attend the RWR Program prior to and during the application process.
In order to participate in RWR, you have to be 18 years of age or older.
Women's Run with Recruiters
Led by female members from RSU, these female-only workout sessions will include 45 minutes of fitness and feature special guests speakers representing various units and ranks from within the EPS.
- Scheduled to return mid-September! Updates will be posted here and through our social media channels
- View & Register for upcoming sessions through the Online RWR portal.
- Limited to 40 participants per session. First-come, first served
- Registration required to attend
- Registration confirmation will be emailed after submitting your registration form
- Spots are not guaranteed for all session dates to ensure fair access for all participants
- Please ensure you register for only the session(s) you plan on attending
- Location, dates and other details will be sent to participants through email
University of Alberta Students:
The RWR Program has returned for University of Alberta students. Please see details below:
- Mondays (ending Nov. 22, 2021). 6:30 - 7:30am
- Butterdome, concourse level (blue mat area)
- Register by email
MacEwan University Students:
The RWR Program is returning for University of MacEwan students scheduled for September. Check our Online RWR portal for upcoming dates.
- Commonwealth Community Recreation Centre - meet near the field house access doors
- William Griesbach Training Centre - meet in the lobby and ensure you:
- bring Government issued photo ID
- come dressed in your workout attire as you will no longer have access to change in the locker rooms
- doors will now open 20 minutes prior to the start time
- Edmonton Convention Centre - 2nd level at the bottom of the stairs (formerly called Shaw Conference Centre)
- Louise McKinney Park - under the glass roof
- U of A Butterdome - meet along the main concourse, underneath the stands, where there is blue floor