Run with Recruiters
Possessing a high level of physical fitness is a very important aspect of a policing career. Being physically fit is not only a significant part of the application process, but also throughout Recruit Training and into your future policing career. Applicants should begin physical training, not only to prepare for the application process, but also for the future!
The Run with a Recruiter (RWR) Program was developed in the spring of 2012 to give applicants an opportunity to workout and also gain insight in what to expect, both in Recruit Training Class and in a career with the Edmonton Police Service. The RWR workouts may include cardio and strength conditioning. Workouts will range from a long run to a boot camp style workout, or both and are usually held every Monday night and Thursday morning.
The RWR is an opportunity to workout alongside EPS members, ask questions, and meet other people who are also interested in a policing career. Feedback from recently hired applicants indicates that the RWR Program has been an extremely valuable part of preparing for Recruit Training Class. It also gives applicants a chance to gauge their physical readiness prior to applying. The Recruit Selection Unit strongly recommends that applicants attend the RWR Program prior to and during the application process.
You can learn more about the program by watching the Run with Recruiter video on YouTube.
Dates: We will be holding sessions on the following dates:
- Thursday, August 1 at Louise McKinney Park from 6:00am to 7:00am
- Thursday, August 8 at Louise McKinney Park from 6:00am to 7:00am
- Monday, August 12 at William Griesbach Training Centre from 5:00pm to 6:30pm
- Thursday, August 15 at Louise McKinney Park from 6:00am to 7:00am
- Monday, August 19 at William Griesbach Training Centre from 5:00pm to 6:30pm
- Thursday, August 22 at Louise McKinney Park from 6:00am to 7:00am
- Monday, August 26 at William Griesbach Training Centre from 5:00pm to 6:30pm
- Thursday, August 29 at Louise McKinney Park from 6:00am to 7:00am
Women in Policing Run with Recruiters
Led by female members from RSU, these female-only workout sessions will include 45 minutes of fitness and feature special guests speakers representing various units and ranks from within the service.
- Tuesday, August 20 at Louise McKinney Park from 6:00am to 7:00am
- Tuesday, September 3 at Louise McKinney Park from 6:00am to 7:00am
- William Griesbach Training Centre - meet in the lobby and ensure you:
- bring Government issued photo ID
- come dressed in your workout attire as you will no longer have access to change in the locker rooms
- doors will now open 20 minutes prior to the start time
- Edmonton Convention Centre - 2nd level at the bottom of the stairs (formerly called Shaw Conference Centre)
- Louise McKinney Park - under the glass roof