Run with Recruiters
Run with Recruiters is back effective March 31, 2021!
- Select weekdays - NEW! AM & PM Sessions based on popular demand!
- AM Sessions: 7-8am & 8-9am
- PM Sessions: 5-6pm & 6-7pm
- Registration link (April 20 - 21 sessions)
- Limited to 8 participants per 60 minute session
- Please only select 1 (one) session to register
- Registration is required to attend - Recruiters will email participants if their selected date is confirmed via email
- Please attend only if you receive a confirmation email from our recruiters
- Please do your best to attend your selected/confirmed session
- Spot swaps are not permitted at this time
- We do our best to ensure fair access; if your spot was not confirmed, please continue to register for weekly sessions and our recruiters will do their best to accommodate participants
- Thank-you for your understanding as we safely re launch the program!
Please Note: This is a modified session that adheres to Government of Alberta standards on gatherings and sessions will not exceed 8 participants. Mandated physical distancing in excess of 4.5m (15) feet from participants, with assigned stations are in effect (where possible). There will be no equipment used or shared. We please ask that participants respect physical distancing requirements and are welcome to wear, or bring your own mask for the session. Hand sanitizer is provided. Masks are not mandatory. Please bring a water bottle, and come dressed in appropriate attire.
Possessing a high level of physical fitness is a very important aspect of a policing career. Being physically fit is not only a significant part of the application process, but also throughout Recruit Training and into your future policing career. Applicants should begin physical training, not only to prepare for the application process, but also for the future!
The Run with a Recruiter (RWR) Program was developed in the spring of 2012 to give applicants an opportunity to workout and also gain insight in what to expect, both in Recruit Training Class and in a career with the Edmonton Police Service. The RWR workouts may include cardio and strength conditioning. Workouts will range from a long run to a circuit style workout, or both and are held every Monday night and Thursday morning.
The RWR is an opportunity to workout alongside EPS members, ask questions, and meet other people who are also interested in a policing career. Feedback from recently hired applicants indicates that the RWR Program has been an extremely valuable part of preparing for Recruit Training Class. It also gives applicants a chance to gauge their physical readiness prior to applying. The Recruit Selection Unit strongly recommends that applicants attend the RWR Program prior to and during the application process.
In order to participate in RWR, you have to be 18 years of age or older.
Women's Run with Recruiters is back!
Led by female members from RSU, these female-only workout sessions will include 45 minutes of fitness and feature special guests speakers representing various units and ranks from within the EPS.
- Limited to 40 participants per session. First-come, first served
- Registration required to attend - (there are no scheduled in person sessions at this time)
- Registration confirmation will be emailed after submitting your registration form
- Spots are not guaranteed for all session dates to ensure fair access for all participants
- Please ensure you register for only the session(s) you plan on attending
- Location, dates and other details will be sent to participants through email
Please Note: This is a modified session that adheres to Government of Alberta standards on outdoor gatherings. Mandated physical distancing in excess of 4.5m (15) feet from participants, with assigned stations are in effect. There will be no equipment used or shared. We please ask that participants respect physical distancing requirements and are welcome to wear, or bring your own mask for the session. Hand sanitizer is provided. Masks are not mandatory. Please bring a water bottle, and come dressed in appropriate attire.
University of Alberta Students:
The RWR program continues to grow and we are excited to launch the pilot program with an on campus sessions for U of A students. Please note that at this time, this session is only open to currently registered U of A students.
Unfortunately, our remaining sessions for this school year have been cancelled due to COVID-19, but please check back before the Fall 2020 semester for updates on upcoming sessions.
- William Griesbach Training Centre - meet in the lobby and ensure you:
- bring Government issued photo ID
- come dressed in your workout attire as you will no longer have access to change in the locker rooms
- doors will now open 20 minutes prior to the start time
- Edmonton Convention Centre - 2nd level at the bottom of the stairs (formerly called Shaw Conference Centre)
- Louise McKinney Park - under the glass roof
- U of A Butterdome - meet along the main concourse, underneath the stands, where there is blue floor