Where do I start?
A career as a police officer with the Edmonton Police Service is anything but your typical 9-5. EPS officers have over 100 different career paths across multiple units; ranging from patrol & beats to canine, tactical, investigations and much more. Learn more about one of Edmonton’s most rewarding and exciting careers!
Before you get started, review the career basics and what is required:
Where do I start?
Information Session - Attend a FREE in-person information session to learn more about the application process, the career and where it can take you. You will have a chance to meet EPS Officers and ask questions.
Run with Recruiters - Attend a FREE Run with Recruiters session! These public events help prepare for the physical and psychological training requirements of recruit training. Test your fitness, meet like-minded people and EPS Officers from the recruiting team.
Entrance Exam (APCAT) - Write the Provincial entrance exam. Passing marks are valid for 5 years in Alberta and there is no application required to write the exam. Once completed, this is your first step towards a policing career with the EPS.
Why choose a policing career with the Edmonton Police Service?
- Starting salary of $76,291 from day one of training as a new recruit constable
- Extensive health, wellness and career benefits including 3 weeks of vacation to start.
- Special forces pension plan
- All training is paid, and local
- Shift work, 4 on and 4 off
- EPS teams, sport events and corporate discounts
- All new recruits begin their career working in Patrol at one of six of Edmonton's operational branches
- With over 100 different types of roles across multiple units, there's a role to suit your personal interests
- EPS offers further education and discounts on courses for professional development
Out of Province and Country Applicants
Please email us or call 780-421-2233 if you have any further questions. We hope to see your application in to become a police officer in the near future!