Are you looking for a change? The EPS is hiring experienced officers from Canadian police agencies to fill its next experienced officer program (EOP). The next class is scheduled to begin June, 2022.
- Receive up to $5,000 transition allowance for hired officers. Receipts required and expenses must be CRA eligible
- Accelerated training format of only 8 weeks (compared to 27 weeks)
- Salary adjusted to years of experience but no greater than 5th Year Constable
- Pension transfer options available, please visit the Special Forces Pension Plan website for transfer eligibility1
- Vacation offered for years of experience, assessed individually
- Pre-hire positions available for successful applicants2
- Promotion opportunities occur annually - offering a wide range of positions for qualified officers to develop a career within EPS
- Career options include over 100 different roles across multiple units ranging from Child Protection to Flight Ops and Canine
- Continued education and skills development is an integral part of being a police officer; we offer courses in operational, academic and leadership areas
- Using a community policing approach, a dynamic skill-set is required to serve the changing needs of Edmonton's diverse communities of nearly 1 million people
- Health and wellness is an integral part of an officers wellbeing; the EPS is known for work-life balance and offering stability and the supports needed for its members and their families
Talk to Someone Who’s Done It
The EPS has employed experienced officers from a variety of police agencies across Canada. If you wish to learn more or to connect with an officer who transitioned from another agency to the Edmonton Police Service, please contact S/Sgt. Rocky Druar. We understand this is an important decision. All inquiries are kept confidential.
- At this time, international experienced officers are not considered for entry into the EOP. If you’re a member of the military police, please see Military Police to see if you’re eligible for the EOP.
- 1Pension transfer options and eligibility vary across police agencies and provincial regulations. Instruction on eligibility assessment can be provided upon request
- 2Pre-hire positions are available for successful applicants on a select basis, subject to approval by the Edmonton Police Service. Further information can be provided upon request