Are you looking for a change? The EPS is hiring experienced officers from Canadian police agencies to fill its next experienced officer program (EOP). The next class starts on September 2019.
Consider what a career with the EPS offers:
- Our officers are compensated for the time they work. Overtime is paid.
- Start working right away. If you’re successful in the application process you won’t have to wait until the start of class in September as pre-hire positions are available.
- Those who are hired will receive reimbursement for up to $5,000 in moving expenses. Officers will be required to submit receipts and expenses must be CRA eligible.
- We are a family-oriented police service. The EPS is known for work/life balance and offers stability. We also have an Employee and Family Assistance Section where confidential, appropriate, and timely assessment services are provided to members and their dependents.
- The career opportunities are endless. After working in patrol, officers have the opportunity to apply to specialized units without relocating cities.
- The EPS offers dynamic, municipal policing. Every shift is different. Officers work as part of a team within the EPS and there is immediate back-up.
- Officers are equipped for the job. From day one, officers receive all the equipment they need to complete the job. Each year, officers receive points that allow an upgrade to equipment and uniforms.
Short Training Period
The assessment and training period is eight weeks for successful experienced officer applicants. Upon completing the 8 weeks of training, applicants are assigned to a division where they complete 24 shifts with a police training officer (PTO).
Talk to Someone Who’s Done It
The EPS has employed experienced officers from a variety of police agencies across Canada. We understand this is an important decision. All enquiries are kept confidential.
If you are interested in applying or want to know more please contact Sgt. Mitch Flaman. If you want to talk to an experienced officer who went through our program and made the transition to the EPS we can also connect you with one as well.
Additionally, you can follow Cst. Chiasson on Instagram who recently completed the EOP training program.
Please Note: At this time, international experienced officers are not considered for entry into the EOP. If you’re a member of the military police, please see Military Police to see if you’re eligible for the EOP.