Policing is a Rewarding Career
Not only do members of the EPS get to make a difference in our community on a daily basis, they get to do so with many advantages — we call it the “EPS Edge”.
The Financial Edge
The EPS offers a competitive salary and benefits:
- Base salary for a constable is $67,414 – paid from the first day of training.
- Regular wage increases for the first five years.
- At five years experience, the base salary is $100,619.
- Base salaries listed can be supplemented by:
- overtime paid at double time;
- court time on days off and/or time off;
- night shifts paid at shift differential pay rates;
- statutory holidays paid at triple time; and
- the option of special event policing at $96.39 per hour.
- Health benefits include major medical and dental, as well as a $750 health care spending account.
- All members contribute to the Special Forces Pension Plan, and are entitled to a full pension after 25 years of service.
See the full list of salaries.
The Educational Edge
Aside from basic training, the EPS supports member’s quest for further education. There are many additional training opportunities including:
- crime prevention through environmental design
- enhancing witness testimony
- forensic interviewing
- enhanced training and conditioning
Members who have completed three years of service and are enrolled in a degree, diploma, or certificate program at a recognized post-secondary institution are eligible for re-imbursement:
- $600 for certificate and diploma programs
- $1500 for bachelor degree programs
- $3000 for graduate degree programs
NOTE: The University of Regina Human Justice Studies degree program recognizes the EPS basic training as a full course year. Several EPS courses are also recognized as elective credits towards the Management Development Certificate for Police Services at the University of Alberta.
The Positive Workplace Edge
The EPS is a team-oriented organization interested in a positive social culture where men and women can thrive on and off the job. We offer all EPS employees:
- an on-site fitness director to assist you with your fitness goals;
- a number of sports teams to get involved with, including hockey, football, soccer, corporate challenge, and the world police/fire games; and
- access to the chaplain, occupational health nurse, psychologist, and on-site massage therapist.
Job share and leaves of absence are also available to EPS members who have completed their probationary period.