September 30, 2011
Today I attended my first class with RTC #122, Provincial Acts and Bylaws. Stand by for a full blog post about my day next week.
In the meantime I want to leave you with a few observations and points I learned after talking to recruits:
- Much like a policing career, each day of training seems to bring something new. It is exciting!
- Today’s classroom session was far from a lecture. People with varying learning styles can expect to be successful. As a complete hands-on or kinesthetic learner, I really appreciated this method.
- The recruit class of 33 seems to be forming a cohesive team at this early stage of the game. And they looked professional and crisp in their uniforms.
- The recruit trainers weren’t intimidating. Rather, they were easy to talk to and recruits were comfortable asking questions.
- The recruits are tired. The physical fitness sessions in the first two weeks have proven to be tough.
Members of RTC #122 learning about one of the Provincial Acts
If you have any questions at all, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ll answer your questions the best I can.