Are you looking for a change? The EPS is hiring experienced officers from Canadian police agencies to fill its next experienced officer program (EOP) starting in September 2017.
Consider what a career with the EPS offers:
- Our officers are compensated for the time they work. Overtime is paid.
- $5,000 transition allowance given.
- Start working right away. If you’re successful in the application process you won’t have to wait until the start of class in September as pre-hire positions are available.
- Your rate of pay and vacation will be adjusted to be consistent with your years of experience but no higher than the Senior Constable Level 2.
- We are a family-oriented police service. The EPS is known for work/life balance and offers stability. We also have an Employee and Family Assistance Section where confidential, appropriate, and timely assessment services are provided to members and their dependents.
- The career opportunities are endless. After working in patrol, officers have the opportunity to apply to specialized units without relocating cities.
- The EPS offers dynamic, municipal policing. Every shift is different. Officers work as part of a team within the EPS and there is immediate back-up.
- Officers are equipped for the job. From day one, officers receive all the equipment they need to complete the job. Each year, officers receive points that allow an upgrade to equipment and uniforms.
Short Training Period
The assessment and training period is eight weeks for successful experienced officer applicants. Upon completing the 8 weeks of training, applicants are assigned to a division where they complete 24 shifts with a police training officer (PTO).
Talk to Someone Who’s Done It
The EPS has employed experienced officers from other agencies. If you’re considering the EOP, but have questions, we can put you in touch with one of them.
We understand this is an important decision. All enquiries are kept confidential. If you are interested in applying or want to know more please contact Cst. Dallas Koenig. If you want to talk to an experienced officer who went through our program we can also connect you with one as well.
Please Note: At this time, international experienced officers are not considered for entry into the EOP. If you’re a member of the military police, please see Military Police to see if you’re eligible for the EOP.